Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rehab and 15.....


We were told 21 day impatient treatment, scheduled to have him there April 1, 2012.  When we showed up we learned it was a 60 day impatient treatment program.

Now 17 has moved out.
8 has moved in with his dad.
15 is in Drug rehab.

11 is the only one at home with me right now.  I really do not know how to be this mother.  I am used to being a very hands on mother of 4 kids.  I am struggling with this to say the least.

When 17 went to treatment he was there for 11 months, 60 days should be a cake walk.

I was able to speak to 15 on the phone yesterday, he said he was not feeling the whole 60 day thing, and that maybe I could come and get him after 21.  The deal is:  It is a 60 day program for a reason!  If I want to deal with this in the future then sure I will go pick him up, but I feel like I need to stick to my guns and let him stay the full 60 days.  He needs it.  He can learn from it, and hopefully when he gets home, it will be a lot easier to handle because he will be given the tools needed for success.....  If not, then at least we tried.

I know that if he is going to use drugs, he is going to use them regardless, and that ultimately HE is the one going to have to make the decision NOT to be a user.  But THIS rehab will give him some knowledge.  Many of the counselors there are past drug users, there to help kids, because they started out that way and lost track of their lives.  I want to catch it early so my son has a chance at life, not a wait and see pattern.

Anyways......I miss him.  I miss what our life used to be.  I miss family game nights, having all of my boys home when I got the camera out.  I miss making memories with my little men.....maybe I am selfish, but I just call it being a mom.

60 days - 3 days= 57 days.


<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdgCajndgNw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdgCajndgNw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

No comments:

Post a Comment