Wednesday, March 28, 2012

And just when you feel like you are almost to the top.....

Something knocks you back down again!!!

Yesterday was my Settlement Conference for my divorce that has been ongoing for almost 2 years now.  My son's father and I have been getting along great up until this point, but at the Settlement Conference, things got a little heated....

Remember we have ONE child together biologically, and he adopted my oldest 3, and now has nothing to do with them, so my oldest children are left without a father.

He wants: 

Custody of our 8 year old son (which he has and I have agreed to)
All of his past Child Support Arrearages to go away ($10,000) done, I agreed to that to.
No Child Support for my other children still in my home. (He has a current order in the amount of $791/mo) 
He wants me to have every other weekend and every other holiday with our son, which I have had in my care and custody his whole life until January 2012.

This is what we agreed to finally:

- Joint legal custody of ALL of the children with 8's primary residence being at his house, and the older ones being at mine.

- All of his $10,000 in back child support wiped out to a zero balance.

- He will pay $200.00/month in child support for my older kids.

- Every other weekend, every other holiday, every other optional Wednesday, three non-consecutive weeks in the summer for 8 to be with me.

- Reasonable visitation for him with my older kids, shall he choose to exercise it.

I agreed to ALL of this, during that time he told me how much he hated me, and wanted me out of his life and wished I would just go away.

Fine.  Done.

Problem is, while he wants nothing to do with my older 3 kids, I still plan to be a super active mother in 8's life, so I am really not just going to go away, and vanish into thin air, he can forget that plan, however as far as us potentially being friends, he has ruined any chance at that.  I am kind of mad about it, because we had been getting along so well, and that is in the best interest of 8, but he wants to be selfish and I am just a no good worthless piece of trash for wanting to make sure that my "other" kids are taken care of. It is just frustrating!  I am not mad at him really, just wish he would think before he opens his mouth.  

Luckily April 3rd it will all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment